Wednesday, February 1, 2012

one step


A Chinese philosopher once said that “A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”  But I would add that it continues with one step – sometimes big, sometimes small, each step brings you farther along on your journey.  I am on a journey, one that began long ago, but continues each day.  To know Jesus.  To become more like Him.  And to live in a way that inspires others to do the same.   Somewhere along this journey I met my husband and we had 2 beautiful girls.  Now we are on a mission to help our girls on this same journey.  To know Jesus.  To become more like Him.  And to live in a way that inspires others to do the same.
Parenting is no easy task.  Spiritual parenting is downright overwhelming.  I already worry that my decisions as a parent may land my child in therapy one day, and add their eternal destiny into the mix and I’m hyperventilating.  I have to break it down into little steps. Sometimes those steps move us forward, sometimes it seems they move us backward, but 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards and we progress, little by little.

ok, for them  most steps are full speed ahead...

So welcome to our journey.  Feel free to walk along with us, celebrate in our victories, commiserate in our failures (because there will be many!).  Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration and occasional bursts of laughter (we laugh a lot in our family – we happen to find ourselves hilarious).  So let’s go, get started, embark on an adventure, a life-changing journey.  And speaking of life-changing, my next post will include an epic announcement (how’s that for a hook?).  But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  One step at a time…

No comments:

Post a Comment